We are fortunate at Loaves & Fishes to have many wonderful and dedicated volunteers. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do!
Whether you come as a regular or on a one-time basis, your time and services are invaluable to our agency.
- All volunteers must either register online through our website or by downloading the phone app “Civic Champs”. Paper registrations are also available at our facility.
- You should bring a mask with you to wear due to the nature of our facility and work. This is required for all volunteers serving in our kitchen to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved.
- All kitchen and warehouse volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes. No sandals, flip flops, or open-toe shoes are allowed for health and safety requirements.
On-Site: The minimum age for volunteering in the kitchen is 18 years or older without adult supervision. For those younger, adult supervision is required and arrangements must be made with the Food Service Manager ahead of time.
Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions for volunteers younger than junior high age.
- Prepare and Cook Meals
- Set up and Clean-up after guests in the dining area
- Administrative help
- Phone monitor
- Warehouse Inventory Assistance
- Food Distribution to other agencies
- Drivers for food pick-up
- Greeters to welcome and host our guests
Group Volunteer Opportunities:
We regularly work with groups for routine and special projects. If your group would like to volunteer, contact the Executive Director to find out what our needs are and to make arrangements.
Our meals are prepared by volunteer teams under the direction of our Food Service Manager. Teams arrive at the kitchen by 8:00 AM and prepare a meal to be served between 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM. After the meal, volunteers clean-up the kitchen and dining area for the next day. Teams consist of groups and individuals of 8-10 people.
Help is needed daily in our warehouse to receive food and donations and to maintain our inventory. All donations must be weighed, dated, and processed. We also distribute food to other local feeding organizations. Drivers are needed to pick up food from local businesses. If you would like to help in any of these areas, our Inventory and Distribution Coordinator will be glad to get you involved.